Thursday, May 10, 2012

37 weeks!! :D

I'm 37 weeks as of two days ago. :)
 Baby, fetus at 37 weeks - BabyCenter
It's so crazy to me that within the next month I'm going to have a little baby of my own!  I had my Dr. appt today. The doctor said her head is down and everything seems healthy! He also said that by the feel of my fluid (who knows how he can tell that!), he has a feeling that I might be one of those ladies who's water breaks in the aisle of the grocery store. Awesome. Eek :/ Oh well.... at this point I'm just glad I'm at the final countdown and I am so anxious just to get labor over with and move on to this new point in my life. :)

I want to go as natural as possible with my labor. Everyone is telling me it's near impossible not to get an epidural, which, naturally, makes me want to do it even more. I have heard squatting or sitting up during labor will help prevent tearing, so I am hoping I can do that. I'm taking Dr. Christopher's Birth Prep Formula right now. It's specially formulated for the last 6 weeks of your pregnancy to give elasticity to your vaginal area and strength in general down there. I'm also supposed to take it for a few weeks after the baby to help bring the uterus back to size etc. I'm taking it 2 capsules 3 times a day right now, and thank God, they don't make me feel sick or have any nasty tasting residue on them like some of Dr. Christopher's other formulas. I just really hope it helps at least somewhat in the labor!

I'm honestly more scared of tearing or needing an episiotomy than actually pushing the baby out!! It just sounds so painful and the recovery takes so long. Oh well....I guess whatever it takes to bring out my beautiful baby and get her in my arms!

It's definitely getting more and more uncomfortable every day as she grows!! I can physically feel my ribs being moved by her sometimes and it's just not very pleasant feeling! I'm getting braxton hicks alot at night...reminds me how uncomfortable period cramps are. It makes me happy knowing the day is coming though!

Only thing that scares me is the hip pain.... I don't know what it is and I really hope it goes away after the baby is out, and that it doesn't interfere with the labor. It almost makes me fall over when it hits me. Yucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment